Friday, October 28, 2011

Why Aamir Khan so secretive ?

0 comments
His contemporaries — actors Salman Khan and Shah Rukh Khan have already got a firm foothold in Tellyland. But that hasn’t deterred actor Aamir Khan from making plans of debuting on the small screen as a host and also as a producer. The latest actor to join the TV star bandwagon, Aamir however confesses that it wasn’t an easy decision to make, as he doesn’t know much about TV shows and the industry. However, now that he is set to come up with his show soon, the non-conformist actor-filmmaker is keeping the details of his upcoming show a secret, just like his roles in his upcoming films and even their titles.

The star is secretive and is keeping mum on his show’s concept or what it will be called. “Firstly, my show isn’t like Oprah (Oprah Winfrey’s chat show)! I hardly have seen that show. When I was in America, I must have watched it a couple of times, but that’s it. And of whatever I recollect of it, my show isn’t like it. In fact, my show is a different concept and not ripped off from anything, therefore I have been intellectually and personally challenged more than ever. But I have not come to a conclusion about the name of the show yet, so I can’t say anything on that for now,” says Aamir.

Ask him about his upcoming film starring actors Rani Mukerji and Kareena Kapoor and Aamir quips, “I’m not very good at marketing. So I don’t know if I should even start talking about a film that will only release in June. And as far as the name of the film is concerned, it’s a suspense thriller. And hence we thought for a suspense film, why not keep the name of the film in suspense for now. Film’s name apart, my show’s name too is in suspense for now, so suddenly I feel that there is too much of a suspense in my life.”

As for his debut on TV, Aamir feels that may be the beginner’s charm would make things right. “Every thing has two sides — good and the bad. Likewise in my case too, there are a few drawbacks. One of them is that I don’t know much about TV industry, I lack in terms of knowledge. And the advantage is that because I don’t know much, I will love to do things my way. But then that sometimes surprises people around and they tell me it doesn’t happen like this here. So I question them back and ask why it doesn’t happen this way here?” he smiles.

0 comments:

Post a Comment